Hi, my name is Alex! I am a freelance digital designer and website developer. I love working with others and supporting those around me in the best possible way. There is no challenge that I won't take on and no obstacle that stops me in my tracks. Aside from coding and designing, I enjoy playing tennis, cooking brunch, making music, and petting dogs. I am also an avid consumer of La Croix.
The University of Chicago
The Nueva School
2015 - 2019
Front-End Web Development
Lessons on B Music Studio - San Mateo
- Designed various color schemes and website layouts for Lessons on B, a music studio located in San Mateo.
- Worked with client over the course of 2 months to ensure every need and want was met.
- Continue to update site with new images, announcements, and designs.
Web Design Instructor
Local - Hillsborough and San Mateo
2016 - 2018
- Introduced basic graphic design concepts and helped students form a strong foundation.
- Helped students set up hosting and publish websites to public domains.
Assistant Tennis Coach
Zalles Tennis - Foster City
- Coached young athletes of ages 6 to 14 on various aspects of tennis, from simple strength building drills to granular shot accuracy training.
- Worked to develop the player's consistency on strokes, footwork, and technique.
- Incorporated stategy into drills to prepared players for USTA tournaments.
Personal Assistant to Elle Chen
Sacramento Capitol Building - Sacramento
- Aided Elle Chen, legislative consultant to Senator Skinner.
- Worked on fact-sheet compilations, cross-office communications, and office management.
- Learned about government structure and the role of public policy.
The Leatherback Trust
Animal Welfare - Costa Rica
- Rescued and helped build nests for the endangered baby leatherback sea turtles in Costa Rica.
- Patrolled the shores of Playa Grande at night and moved turtle nests to a hatchery at the research station.
- Promoted the overall quality and availability of protected habitats for leatherbacks.
The Monteverde Institute
Environmental Preservation - Costa Rica
- Helped with reforestation in Costa Rica through calculations on CO2 intake, water quality, and biodiversity.
- Recorded findings in the institute's database for future use.
Second Harvest Food Bank
Social Services - San Mateo
- Helped pack and sort produce for distribution in San Mateo County
- Monthly, Tuesday mornings from 9am to 12pm.
Speaking (Fluent), Reading and Writing (Intermediate)
Speaking, Reading, and Writing (Intermediate)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Aftereffects
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Ableton 10
- Public Speaking
- Team Building